Thursday, June 23, 2011

Smiley House is Coming Along!


Ok, I just can't wait until the entire house is cleaned and primed. It never ceases to amaze me how a little cleaning and priming can transform a tired old dollhouse. I still have a long way to go, but I just had to share the difference already. A couple rooms still require wallpaper removal, but I've applied a coat of primer to those walls (and ceilings) that were ready. The old wood and a couple water stains are still showing through in a few spots, so I'm sure I'll apply another coat in those areas. I certainly don't want the discoloration showing through the beautiful new wallpaper that is going to be installed!

This is one of those times when I want to tell everyone that has an old dollhouse sitting in the attic or basement (or heaven forbid, garage). Take it out, breath new life into it! Give it to your grandchild, neighbor's kid, niece or nephew, donate it to your church or community auction. Someone, somewhere, somehow spent hours (and I'll bet highly enjoyable time) building and decorating that dollhouse once upon a time. Don't let it sit alone in a corner to deteriorate. Share the joy it will bring! Building, remodeling, giving is so rewarding!

I digress...

back to the Smiley renovation!

No comments:

Post a Comment