Friday, June 17, 2011

Introduction to Dollhouse Renovations

Welcome to our new blog...Dollhouse Renovations. It is our hope that through this blog, we will keep you posted on the ins and outs of dollhouse renovation. Maybe you (and I) will learn a few tricks to remodeling along the way through discussions and interactions to my progress. I'll share with you the trials, tribulations, challenges and successes that I encounter from start to finish.

While I have done many renovations over the years, this is the first time that I've decided to document the process. I usually forget to take before pictures, making it difficult to remember where I started. It is so very important to note that each and every house that I have done has presented its own list of obsticles and discoveries. Since no two dollhouses are exactly alike, each has been a learning experience. They have all given me some form of satisfaction upon completion. Whether it was my personal opinion of the completed project, the apparent delight in the eyes of the owner or recipient, or just the fact that I completed the task, I have enjoyed every journey.

I hope you'll join my journey and maybe even add a comment or two!

1 comment:

  1. I have the Dura-Craft Farmhouse 500, it's the same dollhouse without the tower portion. I bought it somewhat built but not finished. I love the farmhouse style but it is not very solid. I want to enlarge the house so I bought another 500 kit from E-bay. I'm enjoying watching your process.

    ReplyDelete