Thursday, June 23, 2011

Laundry Room in the Smiley House

Today I tackled the laundry room. As I previously mentioned, when the house was constructed this room addition was built without a smooth partition wall to cover the exterior wall siding. Although we are not completely renovating this house to the point where we would remove and replace door frames and trim, I still wanted to cover the siding before hanging wallpaper in this room. Basically, I cut and fit pieces of wood over the siding. The wood was then glued (generously) to the siding. Next I'll fill in any of the gaps with wood fill and sand smooth.

I think I'm going to have to consider how I'm going to hang the wallpaper in this room because of the "header" that exists over the door way. I'm thinking I might drop the border trim a little lower and align it with the bottom of the header. I'll decide when I begin wallpapering the room.


I will need to repeat this process in the kitchen as well. I'll post pictures of how I created a template for cutting the wood to fit around the doorframe.

No comments:

Post a Comment